John Duffey's influence on bluegrass cannot be overstated. His contributions to legendary bands The Country Gentlemen and The Seldom Scene helped transform the genre from a regional Appalachian music to a sophisticated, urban sound, resulting in a legion of new fans the world over.
On Epilogue, the bluegrass music community comes together to create a marvelously fitting tribute to 'the father of modern bluegrass.' Sam Bush, John Cowan, Bela Fleck, Bruce Molsky, Tim O’Brien, Don Rigsby, and so many more - it’'s a rare and special all-star cast.
Their eagerness and passion to record the album attest to how profoundly Duffey impacted them and countless other musicians today. 46 minutes, 44-page booklet with extensive notes and photos.
- Sad and Lonesome Day / Randy Waller & Lou Reid
- If That's the Way You Feel / Amanda Smith
- If I Were a Carpenter / Jonathan Edwards
- Lonesome River / Dudley Connell
- Sunrise / Sam Bush & Bela Fleck
- Going to the Races / James King
- Some Old Day / John Cowan
- Girl from the North Country / Steve Gulley
- He Was a Friend of Mine / Dudley Connell & John Cowan
- Poor Ellen Smith / Tim O'Brien
- Reason For Being / Fred Travers
- Ain't Gonna Work Tomorrow / Don Rigsby
- Chim-Chim-Cher-Ee / Bruce Molsky
- Cold Wind a Blowin' / Ronnie Bowman & Lou Reid
- Christmas Time Back Home / John Duffey Tribute All-Stars
- Bringing Mary Home / John Starling
- First Tear / Akira Otsuka