Something Borrowed, Something New is a tribute to country music star John Anderson and features John Prine, Eric Church, Gillian Welch, Sturgill Simpson and others.
There are giants who walk among us. John Anderson is truly a country legend, as his remarkable career has spanned over a staggering 40+ years, starting in 1977 to his last release, Years, produced by Dan Auerbach in 2020.
It was during the recording of Years for Easy Eye Sound that noted artists, running the gamut from peers to the influenced, started coming out of the woodwork to heap praise on his body of work. From those many encounters, Dan Auerbach hatched the idea of a tribute to the genius of John Anderson.
- 1959 - John Prine
- Years - Sierra Ferrell
- Wild And Blue - Brent Cobb
- Low Dog Blues - Nathaniel Rateliff
- Mississippi Moon - Eric Church
- I Just Came Home To Count The Memories - Gillian Welch & David Rawlings
- Shoot Low Sheriff! - Tyler Childers
- Seminole Wind - Luke Combs
- When It Comes To You - Sturgill Simpson
- You Can't Judge A Book (By The Cover) - Brothers Osborne
- Would You Catch A Falling Star - Del McCoury feat. Sierra Hull
- Straight Tequila Night - Ashley McBryde
- I'm Just An Old Chunk Of Coal (But I’m Gonna Be A Diamond Some Day) - Jamey Johnson