Tammy Wynette was born Virginia Wynette Pugh on May, 5th 1942 in Tremont, Mississippi and always dreamed of being a country singer. In 1977 when the first of the three albums in this collection was released, Tammy Wynette had been recording for almost twelve years. One Of A Kind, that album's title track was to become her 40th chart success.
The second album Womanhood was released in 1978. The title track was the first single taken from the album. It was penned by Bobby Braddock who had given the singer D-I-V-O-R-C-E ten years earlier. The second single taken from the album I'd Like To See Jesus (On The Midnight Special) relates to the famed DJ Wolfman Jack and the Midnight Special TV Show.
Just Tammy from 1979 contained two singles They Call It Making Love and No-one Else In The World.
Tammy Wynette’s name never vanished from the charts right up until her death on April, 6th 1998 at the tragically early age of 55. She was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame later that year.
All three albums appear for the first time on CD.
- One Of A Kind
- That's The Way It Could Have Been
- Love Survived
- That's Just The Way I Am
- Sweet Music Man
- What I Had With You
- I'm Not That Good At Goodbye
- Heaven's Just A Sin Away
- I'll Be Your Bridge (Just Lay Me Down)
- Dear Daughters
- That's What Friends Are For
- You Oughta Hear The Song
- What's A Couple More
- The One Song I Never Could Write
- I'd Like To See Jesus (On The Midnight Special)
- Standing Tall
- Love Doesn't Always Come (On The Night It's Needed)
- 50 Words Or Less
- They Call It Making Love
- Well Talk About It Later
- Mama, Your Little Girl Fell
- I'm Not Ready Yet
- No-One Else In The World
- You Don't Know The Half Of It
- I L-O-V-E Y-O-U
- You Never Cross My Mind
- Let Me Be Me
One Of A Kind / Womanhood / Just Tammy - Tammy Wynette
- Artist: Wynette, Tammy
- Product Code: 5013929899537
- Availability: Stock Available